siggi’s dairy is seeking a Senior Director of Quality, R&D and Regulatory.
We are looking to hire a motivated self-starter with strong communication skills.
siggi’s is a very fast growing all-natural yogurt brand. Our yogurt is available nationally through retailers such as Whole Foods, Stop & Shop, Wegmans, and more. To read more about us, visit www.siggis.com
We are a fun, tightly knit team. The work environment is friendly and informal. The position offers a fantastic opportunity for growth as the company continues to expand.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees and responsible for Quality, R&D and Regulatory for overall siggi’s business
- Based in NYC office, this person would set up the quality agenda and ensure execution of a plan that delivers food safety, regulatory compliance, and customer satisfaction
- Working directly with senior leaders in organization, this person would provide leadership for product development stages from concept to successful launch of all new products and current product improvements
- Provide R&D perspective on all potential new products and concepts
- Participate as QA/R&D lead with cross-functional teams prioritizing projects
- Manage a team of QA/R&D specialists, ensuring effective delivery against project objectives
- Ensure all projects and startups are executed within allocated R&D budgets and timelines
- Contributes to seamless project transfer between R&D and Operations/Production teams
- Assures compliance to quality and product safety standards from source of supply to consumer
- Confirm FSMA compliance of co-packers
- Instigate and provide on-going education and certification for all key operations & support personnel in respect of current, future, governmental legislation, dairy industry and in-house standards and trends
- Provide coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve desired business results
- This position requires domestic travel (est. 20%)
- 12+ years experience in food industry (dairy preferred) required with a strong preference for background in CPG
- BS in Food Science, Food Engineering or other appropriate science or engineering degree
- Substantial experience in Product Development (R&D) and Quality – a minimum of 10 years in progressive management or leadership roles including some experience managing people
- Packaging experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of food safety and all applicable regulations is required
- Experience developing and maintaining company records relating to process work flows, equipment maintenance, and specification systems
- General knowledge of FDA labeling regulations
- Proven ability to operate successfully in a rapidly growing organization, including working in cross-functional teams within the organization
- Ability to effectively articulate and present the company’s quality strategy to senior management, direct reports, regulatory bodies, etc.
- Ability to prioritize project workloads based upon available R&D resources and business needs
- Self-motivated and organized. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Compensation commensurate with experience plus health benefits, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with company match. The position is based out of our New York City office.
Please e-mail your résumé with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Director, Supply Chain” in the subject line.